Thursday, June 23, 2011

Focaccia

Bread, oh bread, a love of my life!  Carbs do not scare me.  I respect the hold they have on me & I embrace them.
The amazing Artisanal breads that fill the windows of French bakeries make me drooooool. (I have only seen pictures since I have yet to visit).  Amy never really was a bread glutton like me but I know she would like to rip a hunk of bread off a chewy loaf every once and a while.
Can she find it in town? Nope.  Everything is sliced sandwich bread.  So how does a GF (home) bakery solve this problem?  Bake it our-dang-selves.  After a couple of failures, we found the perfect flour blend.  I think there is still some room for improvement, but that is to be expected with me.   We first called it flatbread for some reason. The bread is fluffy, thick and it doesn't fall apart when sliced. We are now calling it focaccia.  It is obviously GF, dairy free* and vegan.  It's perfect, really.  Oh it gets better...
Sometimes we top this perfect-ness with *Parm, *goat cheese, herbs, garlic, caramelized onions, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted bells, on & on.  Think pizza toppings.
New bread items will be available as we go.  For now, we need to keep up with the focaccia explosion!



Happy GF eating!
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment